Friday, June 3, 2016

National Doughnut Day ~ FotoBella DT

     Happy National Doughnut Day! National Doughnut Day was created by the Salvation Army in 1938 to honor the women who served doughnuts to soldiers in World War I, as comfort food to help boost morale. The doughnuts were often cooked in oil inside the metal helmets of American soldiers. American infantrymen were then commonly called "doughboys", which coincidentally is the name of my favorite doughnut shop here in Reno. I know a lot of doughnut shops will be giving out free doughnuts today, so take advantage and enjoy.

     I thought it would be fun to make this quick and easy tag that you can attach to a box of doughnuts for any celebration. Bo Bunny's Forever Young I Want It All Bundle from FotoBella was the PERFECT collection for today, with all of the cute and colorful doughnuts!



     From the Noteworthy pack I took out the tag, small pink doughnut, and green banner, inking the edges of the tag with Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry and Ripe Persimmon). Then I used the sticker alphas that come in the 12 X 12 Collection Pack to spell ENJOY, and fussy cut the blue and green doughnuts from the back of the "smile" paper. I backed the tag with the teal paper that comes in the Ephemera, and inked the edges with Picket Fence Distress Ink.  Then I hand-stitched the black zigzag, and tied it off with the orange ribbon, adding it to my box after wrapping it in the pink ribbon, which both come in the Ephemera. Very quick and easy to do!



So go and enjoy some doughnuts today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment