Saturday, October 7, 2017

World Card Making Day ~ FotoBella DT

     Today is World Card Making Day, so I joined the FotoBella Design Team in making a card for the occasion using Bo Bunny's Serendipity Ephemera from FotoBella.com. The rest of the team did a wonderful job using different products, and their cards can be seen here



     I'm such a fan of Bo Bunny's Ephemera packs! They're always packed full of embellishments and papers that are perfect for card making! Like the clocks, all fussy-cut from the papers in the Serendipity Ephemera, and embossed along the edges with Ranger's Silver and Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powders. I popped a couple of them up, adding brads from the pack to the centers of some of the clocks. 




     To the cream background paper, also from the Ephemera, I added some Weathered Wood and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks with some water to create some texture. Then I used Prima Marketing's Salvage District Clock Stencil with my Mini Blending Tool to apply Walnut Stain and Ground Espresso Distress Inks. 



     I used my old Ranger Alpha Mask with Weathered Wood and Vintage Photo Distress Inks on one of the clocks to mask "46"years of marriage for my parents. Then I added some sparkle to the flower below it, with Silver Stickles.



     The sentiment was embossed with Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder. Then I used fibers from my own stash to the Chipboard Clock Button, also found in the Ephemera. Finally, I distressed the paper edges with Tim Holtz' Paper Distresser,  and finished them off with machine stitching. 




     Thanks for looking, and Happy World Card Making Day from all of us at FotoBella

*******************************
Challenges:



The Card Concept ~ (I took inspiration from the colors and silver metal clock using the Shabby Chic and Vintage Style with some Mixed Media thrown in.)



6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks a lot for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love this! So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a fabulous card for a special occasion. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card. Love all those clock faces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us over at http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete