Sunday, February 18, 2018

Forever in our Hearts

     This photo of my late grandparents is very dear to me, so I scrapped it yet again, as a Valentine's gift for my mom.



     The purple and pinks from February's Color Challenge at Lindy's Stamp Gang, are definitely mom's colors!


   

     I started with the chipboard heart frame, covered with some silver charms (angels, keys, hearts), and my Grandma's buttons, and coated with Prima's Heavy White Gesso. Then I colored it with LSG Sprays (Cotton Candy Pink, Witch's Potion Purple) and Magical Shimmer Powder (Prima Donna Purple) finished with some embossing using Queen Sheba's Silver EP. Finally, I glued each and every little pearl around the frame.




     Behind the heart, is some notebook paper, made with a stencil and LSG Spray (Witch's Potion Purple) along with Magical Powder (Prima Donna Purple). Then I stamped it with some script, and added the title with some old stickers.




     The background was made from a heavy piece of watercolor paper, with some overall stamping, and white gesso applied to the Tim Holtz Lace Stencil. Since doilies remind me of my grandma, who used to crochet them, I applied some Bo Bunny ones, cutting out the centers, to mimic the doughnuts from the color chart. Then I colored my page with the same sprays, finishing off my Cotton Candy Pink, :( and adding Magical Powder (Prima Donna Purple) with some water. The round windows, inspired from the ones in the photo, were embossed onto transparency paper with LSG Queen Sheba's Silver EP using Prima's Finnabair Net & Wire Stamp. Then I adhered them to the doily centers with Ranger's Glossy Accents. After coloring some more watercolor paper with the same Lindy's products, I used the Bo Bunny Stitches Stamp to create the smaller doilies, embossed with LSG Purely White EP.



     Since I was missing the larger angel wings from the Tim Holtz Grungeboard, I used it as a stencil with white gesso, sprinkling glitter to them while wet. I love how some of the the colors underneath bled through the gesso! Finally, I added some Petaloo DIY Burlap Flowers colored with the same Lindy's Sprays and Magical Powder, also used to color the strip of lace that I added vertically. 


     
      Thanks for looking!

**************************

Magical Powder ~ Prima Donna Purple from the Drop Dead Diva Shimmer Magicals 

Challenges Entered:



More Than Words ~ February Challenge "Forever" inspired the title





11 comments:

  1. Love your gorgeous creation! The colors and those embellishments are so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing Valentine's gift for your Mom! It's a beautiful tribute to your grandparents and using their photo along with the buttons and doilies makes it so meaningful - perfect 😁. All those pearls must have taken ages to glue around the heart too 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous! I love how you've used your grandmother's buttons! Unfortunately, to be eligible for a prize at More Than Words you can only enter up to three challenges but thanks for sharing with us anyway. We would love to see you back again next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really special card using your family photo. Thank you for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just AMAZING! Thank you for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty valentines canvas. Love the details. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOvely! Thank you for playing with us at Lindy's Gang!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous heart frame! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simply stunning !! Thanks for for playing along with us at More Than Words!<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely momento for you mother! Love the colors. As Heather said there is a limit to contests you can enter with our challenge. I hope you come back again! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely layout and tribute to your grandparents! I bet your Mom treasures this! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete